Tuesday 21 May 2013

Salamz All..

Hi!!
How are my favourite people doing?

I'm doing fine,if you're wondering. Anyway, today I'm gonna write about this food that I tasted somewhere (can't really remember where), it's called Caramel Pudding.



Looking at the picture is enough to make me drool..I've eventually tried to make it but it was unsuccessful. The taste is right but not the appearance but still I'm not satisfied and I hope one fine day I'm gonna try again. Practice makes perfect. For those mummies or singles wanna try this dish either to impress that certain someone or just for dessert after a hearty meal..then here are the recipe.

Ingredients

  • 2 cups whole milk
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 1 large egg
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
I didn't actually followed this recipe, I followed others which doesn't include cornstarch. Maybe for those who've tried this with this recipe, do leave me a comment regarding the texture and the taste, k.
 

Preparation

  1. In a bowl, whisk 1/2 cup milk, cornstarch, and egg until well blended.
  2. In a 2- to 3-quart pan over medium-high heat, tilt and swirl sugar until melted and deep amber, about 4 minutes. Stir in remaining 1 1/2 cups milk; mixture will bubble and sugar will harden. Stir until sugar melts again, about 2 minutes.
  3. Whisk about 1/2 cup of the caramelized sugar mixture into cornstarch mixture, then return all to pan. Stir over medium-high heat until pudding thickens and begins to bubble, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour into bowls and serve warm. Or let cool, chill airtight up to 2 days, and serve cold.

To all who wanna try..I wish you all the best and I hope you achieve in whatever you doing. I just wish someone could do this for me...hahaha..I'll return with another recipe. Till then, tata.

No comments:

Post a Comment